Thursday, January 28, 2010

Today was the first swim. This will be the first swim since my recovery from throwing myself on a motorbike on Wearmouth Bridge in Sunderland. I was a little anxious however I managed to swim 22 lengths. Mostly backstroke, backpaddle and breaststroke

If there is one thing that deters women from swiming it is shaving, I am the only woman in the universe to have body hair, I am sure of that. My size 14 swiming costume still fits, now that is amazing as someone suggested that I would have trouble getting down to 18 stone. Maybe it has expanded over the years.

I chose to go on Thursday morning so I can get a lift to the recreation Centre as Stuart(my partner) goes to work. It was called a shoppers swim it was mostly men though swimming in lanes. So I dived in. I don't believe in just getting in the water too much time to think. It took me a while to get used to the situation and no doubt them to me. I kept bumping into people because I can still swim quite well and overtook them quite easily.

The town centre is 1.2 miles away and the bus fare is £1.20, so better off putting it towards chocolate, so I walked home and will no doubt be walking the dog 1.5 miles later.

So next week let me see if I can loose count of the lengths I am swimming and not need to stop at the ends. 2.5k is 100 lengths of a 25 metre pool and that should take less than 100 minutes

No comments: